Need some ideas? Here’s a recent group trip plan:
Many (but not all!) of this travel group were Outlander fans – but everyone wanted to experience the show’s stunning landscapes and out-of-the-way authentic Scottish towns for themselves.
They rented a van to drive themselves for 8 days, and we booked a mix of charming small inns, local bed and breakfasts, a farmhouse with its own fully-equipped kitchen, and even a castle stay.
This trip included a tour of Outlander locations and the Scottish highlands with a local guide, as well as a guided tour of the Isle of Skye with the Talisker distillery tour and some whisky tasting.
This trip plan included:
- A private tour of Glencorse Old Kirk (“Jamie & Claire’s wedding chapel”)
- The remote Kinloch Rannoch (“Craigh na dun”)
- Private access to Tibermore Church (“The Witch Trial”)
- Cairngorm hike & reindeer feeding
- The ever-popular Castle Urquhart on Loch Ness
- Culloden & Clava Cairns
- Whisky tours & tastings at Dalwhinnie, Tomatin & Talikser
- Blackness Castle (“Black Jack Randall’s castle / Fort William”)
- Midhope Castle (“Lallybroch”)
- Charming small towns like Culross and Falkland (“1940s Inverness”)